Want to improve your local waterways?
Thames 21 are holding a ‘Big Tidy Up Training Day’ on Monday 24th November at the Fishmongers’ Hall in London.
The training, which is free, will show you how to organise a waterway clean-up event from start to finish including:
- promoting your event and appealing for volunteers
- selecting a site with reference to necessary health and safety as well as access requirements
- how to involve volunteers with disabilities
- motivating and inspiring your volunteer group during the event
- network and share ideas with like-minded individuals from all over the UK
- telling the wider community about your event’s success
If you’re interested in finding out more go to the Thames 21 website for contact information and an application form.