Devon Youth Ability Games 2008
Rowing was once again part of the ‘Devon Youth Ability Games’ which took place at the College of St Mark and John, Plymouth on Wednesday July 2nd 2008.
Over 70 young people from 11-16 years of age took part in the rowing competitions aimed at pupils from special schools and special education units. The events on offer consisted of team relays of four rowers, individual events, wheelchair categories of Leg, Trunk & Arms (LTA) and Trunk & Arms (TA), and a Best Technique Award.
There were also taster sessions offered to other participants not involved in the rowing competitions. The event was organised by Sharon Letori of Active Devon County Sports Partnership, with support from the ARA and the Plymstock School Sports Partnership.
Individual event results
- Year 7/8 Ivybridge Community College – 272 metres
- Year 9/10 Combe Pafford – 300 metres
- Year 11/12 Longcause – 297 metres
- LTA – Lipson Community College – 193 metres
- TA – Lipson Community College – 222 metres
- Best Technique – Downham School
Team Event Results
- Year 7/8 Longcause – 1217 metres
- Year 9/10 Longcause and Combe Pafford Joint Winners – 1070 metres
- Year 11/12 Longcause – metres